Monday, September 2, 2013

Hooting About My Owls

With more quilting lines added

I'm 99.9% done with my second "Party with Patrick" wall hanging project...

Halloween Hoot Owl 

Adding black trim piping.

Haven't added the extra quilting lines.

I thought I was done the other night and hung it up the wall to stare at it.  

The more I stared at it the more I thought it may "need" more quilting. 

Without extra  quilting...too plain.

Close up of blacking piping and orange binding

It looked "ok" but it could look even better.  

So back down to the sewing room I went to add more quilting lines.

Back of wall hanging.

I actually enjoy quilting by machine.  

Using my Janome with its special AccuFeed Flex attachments and feet make the job "sew" easy.

I had to do the orange binding twice.  

The first try by machine turned out awful so "frogged" it and sewed it "by hand".    


I like the extra quilt lines.

The quilting lines are done and my label is made.  

I just have to hand stitch my label on the back and it's finished. 

To see all posts related to this project click here.

Our Pleasure Way Excel TS travel van.  

We have been busy here at Teacup Lane.  

Our travel van is packed for our road trip out WEST.  

We're heading out tomorrow early morning on our way to the Colorado Rockies, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons.

I love these flowers!

We haven't been to these western parks since 1975 - as one year newlyweds camping in a tent.  

We were just looking at pictures from that long ago trip...oh, my...we were so young and so skinny.

We spent sometime last week reorganizing the van - tweaking some cabinets that weren't working as well as they could. 

And we took a lot of stuff out that we didn't need.   

The less clutter the better it looks.

Plus driving down the road you can't have anything out loose or it will fly all over the place.  

Everything needs a storage area - an assigned spot where it is put away.  
  

Hope you all had a lovely Labor Day weekend here in the USA!

Strange weather here...sunny, muggy and then rain.  

Very muggy!

As I type this I hear thunder so more rain is on the way!

4 comments:

  1. I love cute owls for Halloween, fall, etc. The colors are perfect. We had a thunderstorm this afternoon, sun came out it was beautiful, but more may be coming tonight! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I nearly forgot to wish you a safe and happy trip out West! Enjoy. Beautiful time of the year, too. Looking forward to the pictures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project Sandy. Well done!
    Looking forward to your trip. I love those high mountains so take lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful AND quickly done. You're killing me - I'm so jealous!

    Have a great trip - that's one I'd love to do. Hope you blog from the road!!

    ReplyDelete