Tuesday, August 27, 2013

'Stitch In The Ditch' Foot

I love my new 'Stitch in the Ditch' quilting feet.   

It was "sew" easy to quilt around the squares with this foot.
  
Practice piece in fore ground.

Even more surprising when the top of my 'Winter Redwork' table runner was all quilted all the squares matched perfectly.  

I was in shock.

Quilted all around each square using that dandy little 'Stitch in the Ditch' foot!

I spent quite a bit of time watching videos on YouTube on FMQ (free motion quilting) trying to decide if I wanted to try adding more quilting to the top on the border and non-redwork squares. 

Next step...cutting excess fabric off and squaring up the corners.

I finally decided not to add any FMQ... mainly because I noticed my stitch tension was off on the bottom threads on my practice piece and I have been unsuccessful in correcting it.  I've moved my thread tension up and down and it doesn't seem to make a difference.   Maybe I'm not moving the fabric at the right speed for FMQ.  Another question for my embroidery club session.

My next step is to make a quilt label for my table runner.  

Then even up the sides of the runner by cutting off the excess to form perfect right angles in each corner of the runner.  

And finally finish the binding which I will machine stitch on.  

No hand stitching for me if I can help it.   

3 comments:

  1. Extra feet are a big help, Sandy. Looks great. I still think you will make a bed sized quilt, this winter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy!
    Your table runner is just gorgeous! I am a big fan of redwork and have done a lot of it in my day. Your quilting is so beautiful :))
    Love,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete