Saturday, August 10, 2013

Arranging My Squares

Pine cones in the center!

I used my new 5 and 1/2 inch square to rotary cut out all my table runner squares yesterday.

Holly and Poinsettias outside center.

Then I laid them all out to arrange color and pattern placement. 

And I even remembered to mirror image the snowflake design in each corner!

I decided to keep it simple and not cut up the squares any more.

I'm very tempted to try cutting each square into fours but I realized to do that I can't use the squares I've already cut.  I would have to cut new ones that are larger because of the seam allowances needed for the four by fours.  

I want to try it, but I tell myself to keep it simple for this first table mat.

Next step 1/4 seams!

After all this is my first ever quilted Winter/Christmas Table Runner.

I'm so pleased too.   

My Janome came with a 1/4 inch seam stitch and a 1/4 inch seam special foot.

It is a breeze to sew the 1/4 inch seams needed for the squares!!

Wish me luck that my square corners will match. 


We're leaving tomorrow for a few days for a campout with my Hubby's brother and wife.

It's the first time in ten years!

So I'll be busy packing the "Little Guy" (i.e., travel van) today.

Now to find a crochet project I can work on in the van.

Our weather has been awful here.

Yesterday the dew point was 74 (anything over 60 is muggy).

I couldn't stand to be outside.

No biking (sob!)

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your weather is better than ours!

6 comments:

  1. I think I see a full size quilt in your future, Sandy! That machine is great. Have fun on your campout. It was awfully muggy here too. I'm ready for fall. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be beautiful. Enjoy your camp out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!! I love this! I can't wait to see it when you're all done. I need to get in gear and start doing things for Christmas, too. You're an inspiration!

    Have a great time on your camping trip.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy! Oh, I love this. I'll be looking forward to the finished project. Are you making it reversible with the lining? Have a fun time on your camping trip and take lots of snaps.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,

    What a fun project. Its going to look great! I can't wait to see it all sewn together. Have fun camping! its been forever since Gary and I went camping.
    XO Elizaberh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy! Thank you for popping in to my little RV blog. Oh, we want to take a trip like you've done one day. This time of year our lives get a bit busier with groups we're involved in. I know the fall would be so much nicer for camping because the weather would be so much more cooler. Can't wait to read about your trip and I hope you've had a nice weekend.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete