Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More Crocheted Stars & Blogging Issues


I'm seeing more STARS!

Of course I couldn't just crochet one star.  

I had to make a garland!


These are really super easy to crochet.  

My only problem is... my stars aren't as "pointy" as the designer's.
  

I am not sure why.


But I still love them.


We've been busy the last couple days.  

We're getting ready for my new Horn sewing table.  

I cleaned out my old sewing cabinet and we brought dragged it upstairs from the basement. 

My old New Home Memory Craft 6000 sewing machine is in the shop for a "tune up". 

Believe it or not it hasn't been worked on at all for over 20 years. 

I never had a problem with it. 

It sews beautifully.

But I guess it is time to check out all the components.

The shop said there could be some rubber machine parts that can dry out over time.


I think I'm going to have to put a shelf up in my sewing room over my tables so I can mount some lights from it for task lighting. 

Well... actually hubby is going to mount the shelf and put the lighting under the shelf for me.

Pretty please...


I've also been busy researching some computer/iPhone blogging issues.  

For several months now I haven't been able to comment on blogs while using my iPhone. 

That was very frustrating...to say the least.

Because I like to blog with my iPhone Bloglovin' app. 

So last night I started researching that issue again and I actually found a solution... I think.

For now just enabling "cookies" on my phone browser seems to have done the trick.  

At least since last night I've been able to comment from my iPhone on blogs that I visit. 

That's one issue down.

The next issue is the fact that Google Friends Connect and/or Google Reader is going to be disabled on July 1 of this year. 

Well... at least that's what I understand. 

So awhile back I set up to have the Bloglovin' icon on my left sidebar of my blog for folks to click on to continue to be able to follow me.  

As I mentioned I also use the Bloglovin' app on my iPhone and I absolutely love it.

Click for a review of Bloglovin' (here) and to go to their website (here).  

It's so easy to follow the blogs I like and it's wonderful being alerted when a new posting has gone up.  

My research into Bloglovin' was fruitful too.  

I discovered that I needed to "claim" my blog.  

You can read all about that ? (here). 

That's why my post yesterday (here) just has the link to Bloglovin' - that post is the result of me "claiming" (i.e., verifying) my blog on Bloglovin'.  

The link also takes you, the reader, right to my blog on Bloglovin' to click on "follow" if you want to follow me on Bloglovin'. 


The last issue that I'm contemplating on is setting up a Facebook Fan Page for my blog. 

I found some information & instructions on how to do that (here) and (here). 

I just want to make sure that the Facebook Fan Page for my blog doesn't connect back to my Personal Facebook Profile.

Back to reading this Facebook Fan Page stuff (#%$#) and deciding if I want to take this next big step.

How about you?

Are you joining Bloglovin' and/or setting Facebook Fan Page for your blog?

If you have a Facebook Fan Page for your blog, please let me know if you like it and how it works vs. your Personal Facebook Profile.







It seems like they're always changing things. 

Once I finally get the hang of something or get it set up it changes. 

Well they always said that "change is the only constant".

Now can I get back to crocheting and sewing????

6 comments:

  1. Love this post, somehow I don't really believe that GFC is going away.......I should get myself hooked up with Bloglovin'. The other options just don't work right or I don't even know if new posts upload or not, oh well. These stars are adorable. love the color combo too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stars, actually they look slightly like flowers. One thing I do when I make stars for the points is a chain 3 at the middle where the point goes. That might work for you.

    Happy Crocheting!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! The pattern said to add two single crochet stitches at the point but maybe your suggestion is better.

      Delete
  3. My snug harbor FB page doesn't interfere or connect to my personal FB page. It's easy to switch back and forth between the two pages. When I post on my blog, it automatically posts a link on my snug harbor FB page. It works quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Kim! I've been kind of busy so I haven't worked on the FB thingie yet.

      Delete
  4. Love the stars! Reading with bloglovn' right now.

    ReplyDelete