Monday, March 4, 2013

Summer Breeze Baby Sweater

Are you ready for another crocheted baby top?

This little sweater was so cute I couldn't help myself...before I knew what was happening I grabbed some yarn from my stash and started crocheting.


The pattern called for a new stitch, an extended single crochet (ESC), which was easy to learn.

The free pattern is well written, with excellent photos, and included one diagram of the sleeve edging and even videos showing how to do the ESC and a seamless join.  
I re-enforced the front facings with white felt to better support the vintage buttons and my hand-sewn buttonholes.  

I added an extra round of single crochet between round 8 and 9.  

It was easier for me to count the sixty stitches of single crochet than the extended single crochet.

It's amazing how tiny a newborn top can be.

Here's the back view.

My crochet hook is almost as long as the top.  


I used up some very old vintage white buttons from my Mother's button stash.

You can see more photos and read more details (including hook size and yarns used etc.) over at Ravelry.  

Click (here) to get the free pattern.

I haven't been to Michael's in ages to buy yarn.

I've been a very good gal using yarn from my stash. 

Not sure how long that will last.

LOL ! 

6 comments:

  1. Quanta fofura.
    Muito lindo.
    Parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I love the colors and the darling little buttons. You know, I will sometimes buy old shirts or dresses at a garage sale just so I can take the buttons off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tops are so sweet, and intricate. Love the buttons. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This top is so pretty.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! Those colors! One of my very favorite color combinations! And that pattern is adorable. I'm off to have a look at it and will definitely have to have a go at it soon! Sooooo cute. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Exquisite Sandy!

    ReplyDelete