Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wall Art...Sort Of

I've been busy cleaning and de-cluttering kitchen drawers and cabinets this week.  

I host our BUNCO gals in March so I decided I better "get her going" and clean up the place.  

You know after Christmas and all the decorations things get stuffed away to make room.  

And...I couldn't remember where I stuffed away put my fantastic "wall art".


I finally got down on my hands and knees and looked in the bottom shelf of our Danish Unit in our family room and found these way back in a corner.  

I couldn't see them unless I was on the floor peeking in. 

 LOL !

 I love the purple thistle on these.

I even have a matching Dundee Thistle teacup and saucer (blogged about here).

 Finally back on the central hallway wall.


You probably already guessed my so called "wall art" is two vintage china cigarette ash trays.  

I bet you don't know anyone else who has hung "art" like this in their home.

I think I fit in with the designers...after all they hang all kinds of stuff on walls. 

So I can too.  

It's my home.

Anyways I like them....so here they will stay.

Have you done anything like this?  

3 comments:

  1. I love your new wall art, I guess pretty things can be used any way we choose, as long as we like it.;)
    Have a great week,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I think "art" is in the eye of the beholder! I have decorated with "other people's junk" for years. I say, if you love it, use it! Personally, I think the thistles are beautiful! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great! I would hang plates in every room if my husband didn't dislike it. Well, he's ok with it in the kitchen and dining room. Anywhere else, he just doesn't get it. :)

    ReplyDelete