Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Taking It Easy...

We find, particularly at our age, it is easier to alternate days visiting the Disney parks with "taking it easy" days back at the Ft. Wilderness campground. So yesterday we visited the Magic Kingdom and today we are staying at the campground.

It's a perfect opportunity to take out my crochet and do a little "hooking" on my vintage crochet Blanklet, "White Caps". I love the pattern the V-Stitches make - it really does have a vintaged look to it. There's so many possibilities here...think how lovely a ten color one would look like. I'm changing colors every row but one could vary the height of a row color for a completely different look.

I have some reading materials too. I don't know if any of you caught the miniseries "The Pillars of the Earth" on cable TV lately but I enjoyed it so much I bought the book it was based upon by Ken Follett. It's an historical epic tale set in the 12th Century England about the building of a Gothic cathedral.

What a fun, relaxing day..."hooking" and reading. And I bet we take a few drives around the camp loops in our golf cart before the day ends.











5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a fun and relaxing vacation in the sunny State. Could use one of them myself, but still have to wait a couple of month more.

    The afghan you are working on is looking good and I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

    Until soon, keep on enjoying

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you are having..its good to rest up there is lot of walking and standing in line at Disneyland.
    Keep us posted on your trip.
    Sending big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading and crocheting ... sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Sandy que bello trabajo se ve genial. Quiero contarte que en mi blog te e dejado un premio ♥ te dejo mi cariƱo Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete