Friday, September 21, 2012

Fussing About




Yesterday we picked up our new solid brass Baldwin front door handle and lock fixtures. While there I bought a bunch of plate wall hangers.

I love this vintage windmill blue and white plate and have a special spot selected to hang it in our family room.



The little marble lamp here was my Mom's and I have a photo of it sitting on my childhood bedroom dresser back in the 1950s.



When I started my Rainbow Scrap Afghan last October I had no idea that it would one day match beautifully with our new chairs and decor in our family room.



It's not finished yet still working on the last two sections but I couldn't resist draping it on the arm of our new power recliner.



I think it has found its home.

I'm still fussing about and having fun rearranging furniture, lighting and all the decor stuff.  

I have more china plates to hang too.

Now I have to research the internet to find someone to re-upholster our old leather wingback chair and ottoman.  

It's a special chair because it belonged to my dear deceased brother.    




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great, Sandy. Love that afghan, the stitch is wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandy! It all looks so nice and homey. I just want to be there too :)

    ReplyDelete