Monday, December 7, 2009

Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941


December 7, 1941

Royalty Free Picture of Attack on Pearl Harbor


The USS Arizona burning after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941.


I was not born when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor but I grew up listening to my parents tell what they were doing on that infamous day.  My parents eloped on December 6, 1941 - the day before the attack.  Needless to say they cut short their honeymoon and returned home.    I believe that my parents were of the GREATEST GENERATION that ever lived.   This post is dedicated to all who serve our great country past, present and future!  God Bless You!  

4 comments:

  1. I also grew up hearing the war stories and I guess we are both what we call here " Baby Boomers"( babies born in the time when the men came home from war ).
    My parents met and married after the war though both served in the airforce.
    I have 2 cousins living in the US - one in Michigan and one in Texas but have only stopped over for a day in San Francisco en route to Vancouver. I will get out my atlas and have a good look so I will know where you are talking about when you mention your home in your blog.
    It is SO nice to meet you , Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Sandy, My Daddy and 2 or 3 of his brothers served in WWII. But all seven brothers served in the armed forces. My Dad retired from the service. I am proud that he and so many of my relation were able to serve for our country. I would have to agree what a great generation.
    My daughter married on Pearl Harbor day 3 years ago.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Merry Christmas Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was most disappointed to find nothing on the tv to commemorate this day. He thought there might be some sort of documentary on.

    As for All Creatures Great and Small, the vets surgery is just up the road on the left in my photo. It's a big house with iron railing around the front, I bet Helsie saw it when she stayed in Askrigg last year. I'll have to try and get a better photo for you next time. teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice blog you have. Thanks for stopping by mine and being a follower. Have family in Erwina, PA. So I kind of know the area. Love Bucks County area.

    Moving on to read more of your past post.

    ReplyDelete